Monday

Recruitment time!






 
I  really enjoyed this project.  Not being a graphics major when I get something assigned it feels like I am just getting busy work, even though it is teaching me how to use a program better.  Being able to try to make something that will be given to students, whether mine is chosen or someone else’s felt like a real tangible goal.  In my Technology Education major, it is very frequent that we are sent out to High Schools to recruit and speak to Juniors and Seniors, this project was interesting and felt like I was doing the same thing in a manner that I had never used.
            As for my actual design, I’m not quite sure what it is.  It resembles something I saw on a wall in the Riverfront Mall in Lawrence when I was a young child.  I remembered there being hills and shapes and possibly birds.  The work spoke to me on an emotional level for some reason and I found myself going back to see it for years until the mall shut down.  I tried to make something emotional and “artsy” that may affect someone else on the same level.  Going through my word matrix I came to a ton of different conclusions.  My final one being, High School students are heavy into self expression.  From that bubble I decided music and art were two ways, at least when I was growing up, that we expressed ourselves.  There were some comments in class, “What is it?” “Is that a rocket ship?”. I cannot answer that question, it’s supposed to be art of some sort, each person sees art in their own way.  One person may see a rocket ship, another may see people and shoulders, (That’s what I saw).  I have quite a few friends in the Graphics major and one thing I always admired about them is how artistic and creative they are.  My design was meant to appeal to students who are just that.  I have no idea if I hit the mark or not, as I have said, I am not overly artistic or creative, but I do pride myself on being a thinker, and someone who tries to do things outside of the box.  I hope I did this with the note pad!

No comments:

Post a Comment