Monday

Brendan Murphy Inspiration


Mr. Murphy’s presentation was amazing. He started off by saying that he was “not the best public speaker”, but that was not the case at all. Most of the time, I have noticed that if people do not see themselves as the best at something, they are actually quite adept. He was a very engaging person, his stories were truthful it seemed. He also seemed to care deeply about what he does, he doesn’t just design he sways emotion, through different media. To think that an entire company’s identity is created by his company is awesome. Everything they do is so well planned and thought out, I find myself wanting to buy more things from things I know he has touched. His story about kissing the boyfriend and the French translation still has me laughing.
            The most impressive thing about him was how humble he was. To see him tearing up at the end, remembering where he got his start made me smile. This man is at the top of his profession, has seemingly an amazing family, and I detected ZERO narcissism from him! That was utterly shocking to me; he seemed so honest and genuine about where he has been, what he is doing, and where he thinks he is going. It is so rare to find a person, especially one as successful as him that really appears to think of others before himself. Making the new handicap symbol? Who does that? Who really takes their time to just do something for an entire demographic, and then make it free? I can’t even put into words how impressive of a person he was to me. As a person, he is someone to emulate. I hope he comes and speaks again soon, I am not a graphics person, but one does not need to be to appreciate the kind of person he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment